Just upgrading a massive site to Magento 1.9, and I’ve encountered two particularly odd problems.
- Cart rules are broken – such that discount rules will only apply to the first product in your cart. What the hell man, right? Luckily, Hussey Coding have written a fix here.
- For whatever mad reason, the directory /code/core/Mage/GoogleCheckout should actually be called /code/core/Mage/Googlecheckout, otherwise the compiler does not work.
For that last one, a small fix that I did was to add a class alias at the bottom of /app/code/core/Mage/GoogleCheckout/Helper/Data.php
class_alias ('Mage_GoogleCheckout_Helper_Data', 'Mage_Googlecheckout_Helper_Data');
Thought I’d share those with everyone just in case you run across these issues.
Upon being tasked to do a Magento training session at my current company – 4mation, one of the things I wanted to do was to set up a simple standard development environment, which people can easily grab and play with.
Magento being as big as it is, at first this seemed pretty easy – and sure enough, I found around 5-10 github projects of various sorts to accomplish this. Unfortunately, I pretty quickly discovered that they all had some combination of the following problems;
- An out of date Magento version
- Very poor LAMP setup
- Overly complicated and/or (usually causing) VM breaking problems
Having some experience with Vagrant previously, I decided to take the traditional approach with not liking any present projects which poorly accomplish your goal, and simply rolled my own.
After figuring out how to set up a vagrant box, getting everything working on Windows (which is forever and always a major hassle for doing anything productive), and writing a bash file to do a simple yet efficient LAMP setup on CentOS 7, I was up and running pretty quickly.
I aim to do my best to keep this repository updated as Magento itself updates, so I hope others in my situation find this useful!